So I wasn't going to post this. I was playing around with a cake recipe the other day and ended up making this. My boys were SO excited by it, they wouldn't share it with me and I managed to get only two photos before it got demolished. Obliterated. And they asked for more. Then I mentioned it to a friend and she said she needed the recipe for it!!! And it's so good, I thought you might need it too :)
I was originally playing around with Broma Bakery's 30 Minute Chocolate Cake For Two. This is a microwave mug production. I'm not overly fond of microwave mug puddings having first made them a few years ago and finding them a bit tough and spongy and to be honest losing a lot of love along the way. Then I found Broma Bakery's cake which is made in the microwave (the reason it needs 30 minutes is to cool it down so it can be frosted and shared with the love of your life) and I liked the ingredients which are faithful to a chocolate cake recipe, but slightly more involved than the usual microwave mug cakes.
The cake idea is made in heaven itself - but I got waylaid and was debating whether I really wanted to make it into a cake and use buttercream. And instead of baking it in 3 portions, I decided to make it in 2 and heat each one for a minute each.You may need to play around with the time as each microwave is different and mine tends to err on the side of a higher temperature. I turned it out into a dish and it had a gorgeous, oozy chocolate sauce. I couldn't help but throw an extra handful of chocolate chips on top for good measure. And some ice cream. And voilà! A stunning melting chocolate pudding that can be rustled up in 5 minutes from start to finish and tastes sublime.
The ONLY downside I would say is that the portion size is perhaps a little too big (but I'm being picky).
I am more than happy to keep practicing with this one until it's perfected - and no doubt add a few inches to my waistline in the process!
If you're craving something sweet, I really would try this it :)
Five Minute Melting Chocolate Puddings Makes 2 (adapted from Broma Bakery's 30 Minute Chocolate Cake For Two)
- 1/2 CUP (110G) CASTER SUGAR
- 7 TBSP (70G) PLAIN FLOUR
- 3 TBSP (30G) COCOA POWDER
- ¼ TSP BAKING POWDER
- ¼ TSP BICARBONATE OF SODA
- ¼ TSP SALT
- 1 EGG
- ¼ CUP MILK
- 2 TBSP VEGETABLE OIL
- ½ TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 TBSP WATER
- HANDFUL OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS (optional)
- Grease two large mugs
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until combined
- Divide the mixture between the two mugs
- Bake the first one for 1 minute in the microwave - the sponge will rise up above the top of the mug but sink slightly on removal from the microwave
- Loosen the sponge slightly with a knife and turn out onto a plate
- Throw a few chocolate chips on the top so they melt slightly
- Repeat with the other pudding
- Serve with a lovely dollop of ice cream - and enjoy :)